WHEN IT COMES TO OUTFITTING youngsters for hunting and fishing adventures, making sure they have waders, packs, rods, and bows that fit them properly is critical. For one, they’ll enjoy sitting with you on stand far more if they’re not wrestling with an ill-fitting parka. Kid-specific gear also lets them know that hunting and fishing don’t have to be activities in which they just tag along with their parents. It can be about them, too.
Sure, handing down your old duds is a more economical option, but since the holidays are around the corner, why not tuck a few outdoors-related products under the tree? With this cool new outdoor gear, they won’t even remember asking for that video game.
Cabela’s Kids’ Rainy River Parka is a waterproof, breathable shell that will keep your fishing buddy dry and comfortable no matter the weather. Columbia’s Bonehead long sleeve shirt for boys has all the cool features of Dad’s favorite Bonehead shirt. The Sperry Youth Bluefish boat shoe is modeled after the popular adult version and features Sperry’s non-marking outsoles with siping for unmatched traction on wet surfaces. Protect your young angler’s eyes with the Jimmy Houston by Foster Grant Guppy polarized sunglasses. The Shakespeare Catch More Fish Lake/Pond rod-and-reel combo includes a 6-foot 2-piece. medium-action rod and 30-size aluminum spinning reel loaded with 6-pound-test Stren line The tackle box. which snaps onto the rod. comes loaded with Powerbait Shaky Worms. Power Grubs beetle spins jig heads. worm hooks bream hooks split shot and bobbers.
Keep the sun off with Columbia’s Silver Ridge Booney-Kids hat. Julbo Sailor wraparound shades are available in four colors and two lens types Spectron 3 and polarized. The Columbia Skiff Guide long sleeve shirt is made of a quick-drying wicking material with built-in UPF 30 sun protection. Your budding Joan Wulff can keep all of her flyfishing gear at hand with the new Fishpond Elk River Youth Vest. Simms Kid’s Stockingfeet are the only fishing waders made exclusively for young anglers. Korkers Guide wading boots feature Boa lacing technology. which provides a custom fit. The outsoles are interchangeable, allowing for supreme traction in any environment. The Redington Crosswater Youth Outfit pairs an 8 1/2-foot, 4-piece, 5/6-weight rod and a Crosswater reel pre-spooled with backing, 6-weight Rio Mainstream line, and knotless leader material.
- Redhead’s Boonie Hat for Youth is clad in Realtree AP camo ($10; basspro.com).
- Coughlan’s Bugeye headlight makes getting to the blind in the dark a snap [$9 coghlans .com).
- Browning Junior TF-300 Fleece Vest has a durable, water-repellent Teflon finish ($53; browningcom).
- The Leupold Yosemite binocular will help your young hunter improve his game-spotting ability ($140; leupold.com).
- The PSE Chaos bow is available with a draw weight of 29, 40 or 50 pounds ($290; pse-archery.com).
- The Cabela’s Kids Spike Pack comes with a 2-liter reservoir ($50; cabelas.com).
- Redhead’s Insulated Big Game Gloves for Youth means no more cold hands ($13; basspro.com).
- Gander Mountain’s Youth Tech20 4-in-1 Parka and Bibs ensure that your kid stays both warm and safe (parka, $120; bibs, $90; gander mountain.com).
- The Princeton Tec Byte headlamp gives off 35 lumens ($20; princetontec.com).
- The Nikon Prostaff ATB 8×25 bino is ideal for small hands ($130: nikonsportoptics.com).
- Traditions’ Pursuit LT Accelerator or Compact muzzleloader is designed for small hunters ($289: traditions firearms.com);
- Rocky Youth Blizzard Stalker boots have 1,000 grams of insulation ($80: rockyboots .com).
- Cabela’s Kids’ Big Game Fleece Glomitts are both gloves and mittens ($15; cabelas.com).
- Lucky Bums Tracker 25L Pack hauls all the gear ($65; luckybums.com).
More Great Gear:
- L.L Bean Kids’ Camp Chair ($20: llbean.com);
- Eureka Timberline SQ Outfitter tent ($319, eurekatent.com),
- Big Agnes Wolverine sleeping bag ($100; bigagnes.com);
- Kelty Little Flower sleeping bag ($55, kelty.com);
- CRKT Zilla Jr. Tool ($40: crkt.com);
- Buck 110 Folding Hunter ($55; buckknives.com);
- Marmot Girl’s DriClime crew ($25: marmotcom);
- Smartwool youth socks ($16; smartwool .com);
- Hunter’s Safety System Youth Lil’ Treestalker harness ($85; huntersafetysystem.com)